Rescuing my dreadful nails

As a reminder, here are my unloved, unattended to nails, a consequence of not blogging.


 And here they are 3 days later



Quite an improvement, and I am hoping for more by the end of the week.

Here is what I used and what I will be using and have used in the past because these products have worked for me.

A decent nail file - glass or better still crystal.

















This is by Leighton Denny (nooooo really?) and has changed my relationship with my nails, seriously. Before I would shy away from filing my nails, approaching the whole operation obliquely and aplogetically because I would make a right pig's ear of it, and that was just filing the nails of my left hand (I am right handed) forget filing the nails of my left hand. With this file, I can saw away backwards and forwards to my heart's content, sides to middle? forget it, this nail file really is the biz. Available in Boots I got mine from QVC

A decent nail treatment - there are loads, high end, low end, I have tried many. For years I used Nail Envy by OPI, I applied every day and had talons, strong but flexible, perfect and then it all went wrong and I can no longer use Nail Envy it just peels off my nails. I find that I have to used something on my nails, and a top coat just doesn't do it and often peels off.



This works well for me and I swear my nails grow daily. I apply 2 coats at the beginning of the week and then take it off at the end of the week, if I remember I might add another coat mid week. I first came across this on MUA when I was desperate for something. What I like about this product is that it does not flake off and acts as a decent base and top coat if I want to use colour when my nails are still a bit short. I get mine from Boots not the cheapest, but not extortionate either.

A decent cuticle oil - cuticles are like the frame around the picture, if they are in poor repair it doesn't matter how fab the colour, all the attention will be on the sorry state of the cuticles.



I do have many cuticle oils on the go, remembering to use them is the key. My latest squeeze is this pen by Nails Inc in the hope that its portability will enable me to use it on the go, though seeing as I only go to work where I am in a blue funk for the whole of the day, I am unsure as to how this will improve matters - it is rather pretty though. I got mine from QVC 1 for me, 1 for my sister as a Christmas present, oh yes!

A decent cuticle cream - yes cream, to be used last thing at night before bed because if I have forgotten to use all of the above.


I have used this for years, it also comes in a pot but these little tubes are perfect.



As can be seen it is really thick, but a little goes a long way. I am not a personal fan of cuticle removers, I find that they tend not to do anything other than stain my cuticles, and my nails are quite resistant to any prodding with an implement which is never a good idea in my book. This really does work. Not the easiest of products to track down the nail care club sell it but I have had some good deals from beverley beaute in the past.
Save Rescuing my dreadful nails on social network:

Followers

Archive