Hissy Fit Saving Face SPF50


I first heard about this from Meeta at makeuppicnic. I was amazed that here was a brand I had never heard of.

This is marketed as an all in one high SPF with a tint. Now frankly I am completely confused about sunscreen and SPF, do I rely on my day moisturiser with SPF whatever number which I apply at 5.45am only to have its sunprotection properties depleted by midday when the sun comes out and I am outside? And the same goes for any product with an SPF, if it is applied in the morning it is unlikely to still be effective on the journey home at 5.00pm with the sun streaming in through the window of whatever mode of transport is one's wont. I know that one is advised to reapply during the day, but how practical is that:  6.00am apply SPF15 day moisturiser, TM SPF30, powder. 10.00am breakoff from what one is doing to reapply SPF cue bloody mess.

However this product with its tint could conceivable be reapplied maybe at intervals.

Unfortunately the lightest shade available in UK is nude which is yellow, (in the US there is an alabaster tint which I think would be better for me) and a dark yellow at that here it is swatched on left and rubbed in on right, I think that is gangrene at the top of my wrist on the right.

















The texture is thicker than say Laura Mercier TM, this is more of a cream texture. There is no sunscreen smell that I can discern.

And as for coverage - well it is not bad.

Here is my skin sans any makeup cue open pores blackheads and thread veins.


And here it is on my face, no other makeup ie concealer.



So there is some coverage, not loads but then it is a TM, but it calms everything somewhat - I do tend to look a bit darker than I would want.

I used this today as something to slap on in order not to frighten the horses when I went for my morning constitutional and believe me I don't stroll but go at a bit of a lick, cue sweaty face on return and this product coped with this and there has been no breakup or piling. I think that this is pretty good for days when I need to do something but nobody other than the family are likely to see me.

This is not the easiest of products to track down in UK but Escentuals have it, as does some branches of HoF 
Save Hissy Fit Saving Face SPF50 on social network:

Followers

Archive