A Few Perfumes


I have a love of perfumes but they don't always love me. I long for the heady swoony deep and meaningful aromas of Guerlain and indeed for years of my youth wore Jardins de Bagatelle until in the early '90s it seemed as if this melony scent was replicated everywhere and I went right off it.

I also get perfume headaches and suffer from asthma and because I get up close and personal with poorly people in hospital, it is important that I don't smell like a siren.

So here are a few of my favourites:

Philosophy Amazing Grace - light, a bit fizzy, sort of candy flossy. All of the Philosophy scents hint at clean washing but this one has the edge for me. The bonus is that I can splash it all over a la Henry Cooper (cue over 40's memory) without knocking everyone out in the silage.

Jennifer Anniston Eau de Parfum - I have been pleasantly suprised by this, a bit of the parma violets about it, but light and airy with enough about it to not smell generic.

Jovan White Musk - so good I have back ups. I am not particularly good with musk, it has the ability to slightly turn my stomach. I bought this blind due to the reviews on MUA and the initial excited spray evoked wet dog with a hint of mange and I turned away in disgust. But on later investigation it had turned into soft buttery warmth. I have had comments with this perfume.

Liz Earle Essence No 1 - this is suprisingly citrusy and there is definate neroli running through this which like musk has that ability to make me feel a bit sick, but it is a pretty, soft scent. I love the packaging and the heavy glass bottle.

Prada Infusion d'Iris and L'eau Iris EDT - both these fragrances are definate warm sun soaked linen on the washing line. I skirted around this fragrance for a long time because I was scared that it would not be anything much. I can only say that for me this is so beautiful it can make me cry.
Save A Few Perfumes on social network:

Followers

Archive