That flicky eye thing

If anyone (anyone?) is reading this who is under 40 or who is over 40 but has firm taut eyelids then step away from this post, for this is not for you, go on shoo.

I do not have taut eyelids, infact I have hardly any eyelids, they sag and droop at the end of my eyes, folding in on themselves, hence the lack of eyeshadow posts.

But flicky eyeliner, well I would love to be able to do that, and I stalk those who can namely the lovely Laura from sofarsochic

I can tightline but to get that clean flick at the end, well it is not happening for me, I have been down the youtube line but frankly the tutorials are all by women young enough to be my daughter and have space and firmness in the eye area.

However today (for I had no scheduled post) I was flicking (ha see what I did there?) about and came across this video and a lightbulb switched on, so here is what I used.



Maybe not the best of eyeliners, but I do not have a liquid eyeliner at the moment. Technakohl by MAC is meant to be a long lasting eyeliner and Photogravure is that bridge between grey/black/brown, swatched below



In the past when I have tried to do a flick, I have got to the end of my upper lash line and thought "where do I go now?" and despite careful measuring, the resulting flick just gets lost in the folds. This tutorial goes from the outside of the eye in, ie from outside of eye towards the nose and exaggerates the angle.

I have applied the technakohl on the upper lashes, above and on the upper waterline as in tightlining, but then I have made a thicker more pronounced angle, see below.



Of course the finished look is nothing, there is not a iota of a flick but it is there and I am delighted. Watch me now kill this trend.
Save That flicky eye thing on social network:

Followers

Archive