But Observed Results are Nice Too

The other day, my hubby looked at me closely and commented, “You know, your Thermage is still working. Your face looks younger every day.” I had Thermage last September. That’s almost nine months ago – long past when most people say the final results are clear.



Problem with my DH’s (dear hubby’s) observation is that it is just that – an observation – albeit from a credible source. I mean I don’t get such compliments often. More often it’s something like, “You’re wearing
that to the party!?” Still a third party observation is better than a self report, which is what I get when I look in the mirror and think I see an ever-so-slight improvement.



In addition, my Thermage results have been contaminated. After all, I haven’t been living in a bubble these past nine months. I’ve added new peptides to my skincare routine. I’ve added alpha lipoic acid to my daily supplement routine and just recently dropped the vitamin C.



See what I mean? How can I know how much of the improvement is due to the Thermage? Should I add back the high-potency vitamin C? That was one of the things my Thermage doctor recommended. Maybe it really helped.



This is why, when I review new products or ingredients, I look for hard scientific data (as I described Tuesday). Next time I’ll talk about getting product information from web forums and user reviews posted on many retail sites.



Tags:
Save But Observed Results are Nice Too on social network:

Followers

Archive