MAC Haul

AKA why I shouldn’t be allowed to shop unsupervised. Shopping for wedding eyeshadow was hard. Not because I couldn’t find anything I liked but because I was overwhelmed by choice. Eventually I just gave up, walked into MAC and said please give me the makings of a fairly neutral, classic wedding eye. Voila!

Here we have Wedge, Wood Winked, Corduroy and Blanc Type. All rather lovely colours that many view as MAC staples.

I also picked up a Studio Fix powder foundation in NC20 as I’ve been looking for a compact foundation that I can throw in my travel bag when I’m away for work. Liquids are just too much like hard work when you’re in a cold lonely Travelodge at 6 in the morning. Unfortunately NC20 is a touch too dark, NC15 was ghostly pale. I figure give it a month or so of sunshine and NC20 will be spot on.

Finally I bought some things I really didn’t need but desperately wanted. Lazy Day lippie from the To the Beach collection. Not crazy about the orange packaging but I love the lipstick itself so into my bag it jumped. I had wanted to pick up the Marine Highlight Powder but as I’d predicted it was long sold out. Before I knew it I’d been given the Mineralize blush in Dainty as an alternative. I have no idea how close they actually are but given that I only wanted the To the Beach powder because of the seahorse (admit it, so did you) I’m very happy with the replacement!

I had a look at the rest of the new collections and honestly I wasn’t blown away. The only other thing I really wanted from the To the Beach collection was Humid which I can get anytime so I passed for now. The Pret-a-Papier collection disappointed me to be honest. I had seen swatches of the lipsticks online and thought they looked nice but in person they weren’t really what I wanted. I took one look at the Coral Crepe Paint Pot which I’d also been lusting after and realised I would never use it. All of which I suppose is good news for my bank balance! I will be saving my pennies for the upcoming Venomous Villains and Fabulous Felines collections. If the preview info on Temptalia is anything to go by it’s going to be an expensive Autumn!

Swatches and reviews of everything will be up when I've actually had a chance to try everything properly xxx
Save MAC Haul on social network:

Followers

Archive