Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you will know that I’m a bit stingy. I like my bargains. So when I say that I would happily pay more than the £19.50 Boots charge for this foundation you know it must have really, REALLY impressed me.

Funny story: Recently, still smarting from my recent failures of foundation purchases, I was walking through the duty free shopping for a new one. A lovely girl offered to help. Turns out she didn’t work for one brand though... oh no. She kept taking patches of my foundation off and trying every brand in the shop on me. This was great as I probably walked out with the best possible foundation for me. However after my flight when settling in at my parents I caught sight of myself in the mirror. PATCHWORK FACE!!!! No wonder the flight attendant looked at me funny...


I digress. For your £19.50 you get 30ml of product in a substantial glass bottle. Again no pump which is annoying but as it isn’t as thick and gloopy as Revlon Colorstay it is a little easier to control how much comes out. Clinique claim to have a magic potion here which will moisturize dry bits and control oil in shiny bits. It sounded perfect for my combination skin, and do you know what? It is! I scoffed at the girl when she told me but honestly it works for me. The flaky bits caused by Colorstay have gone and it lasts a good 5 hours on my oily nose before needing to be powdered.

The colour selection is a winner for me too. All too often I find brands have pink options or yellow options and nothing for those in between. Here I have shade 27 Alabaster N. The N stands for Neutral. Score! It is by far the best match I have ever owned.

Again I like to apply this with my ELF Studio Powder brush. I need very little to get fairly decent coverage. I would call it medium though you can build it up without fear of it turning cakey. The finish blows all of the drugstore foundations I’ve been trying lately out of the water. It looks like my skin but better. It isn’t matte, but it isn’t dewy. It’s just right.

I would repurchase this in a heartbeat. If they put a pump on the bottle I’d love it even more. In fact the packaging is the only thing I would change about it. So thank you kind lady at Glasgow duty free. This is the closest to a holy grail item I’ve ever come! x
Save Clinique Superbalanced Foundation on social network:

Followers

Archive