NARS Only You Eye and Cheek Palette

I love palettes. More often than not they represent fantastic value for money with you getting several different products for a lot less than it would cost to buy them individually. Ok you don’t usually get the full sized product but let’s be honest, when was the last time I used up an eye shadow of any size? That’s right. Never. For £45 you get 4 eyeshadows, a blush and a highlighter all zipped up in a little fabric pouch. It’s actually sturdier than is sounds though I’d be nervous of travelling with is for fear of breaking the mirror.



The eye shadows are (from left to right and according to the NARS website):

• Alambra Eyeshadow - Metallic Rose Mist
• Mekong Eyeshadow - Espresso infused with gold
• Eurydice Eyeshadow - Electric Aubergine
• Pandora Eyeshadow - Matte Black

Eurydice is all kinds of gorgeous. It has these amazing blue reflects in it. I’d recommend clicking on the picture to get a better look at them. Alambra is a stunning neutral and when paired with a tiny bit of Mekong in the outer V makes for a stunning work appropriate neutral eye. The shadows are all highly pigmented and as smooth as you can get. It’s everything I hoped for from NARS.

The blush is of course the infamous Orgasm. I’ve been listening to the hype on blogs and Youtube for years now and honestly? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, the colour is gorgeous and the pigmentation is out of this world it’s just that it was cracked up to be the most amazing thing the blush world has ever known and it just isn’t. It’s a bright peachy pink which doesn’t lean too far either way on my skin tone. I do however find the gold shimmer in it almost too much. I’m hesitant to wear this during the day as it is so shimmery. Just a tip; don’t load your brush up with as much as you normally would for any other blush. It will be too much, this really is that pigmented.

The highlighter is Honey Lust which is a warm cream colour with a gold sheen. It’s almost too deep for me actually as it shows up less well on my skin than By Candlelight MSF does. For darker ladies this might be more appropriate. If you’re as pale as me then you might appreciate the more subtle effect this gives. I certainly wouldn’t want anything more over powering to pair with Orgasm!

If you are looking to dip your toes into the world of NARS then this palette is a good way to go about it in my opinion. It’s a versatile palette and you get a fantastic selection of shadows. Though I’m not as blown away by the cheek products as I was expecting I think that’s mainly down to my expectations being too high. They are still fantastic products. Love it! X

*I was given this by the bestest Aunty in the whole wide world. It doesn’t matter how I get hold of a product, my reviews are always my honest opinion. Further info is in the disclosure policy on the left*
Save NARS Only You Eye and Cheek Palette on social network:

Followers

Archive