Operation ‘you bought it so use it’ update

Well, it’s been a week. Many products have called to me but my purse has remained firmly closed. I know to any normal human a week without buying makeup would be erm, the norm, however when I feel stressed or down my go to pick me up is makeup shopping. The past week has been particularly stressful so it was tougher than it sounds to avoid the aisles of Boots. I’ve certainly been making a dent in the list though I know the progress will slow down now that I have used all of the products I don’t have many of. Here is the list of categories I came up with and how many of the total I’ve used in the last 7 days.

Powder Blush/ Highlighter: 8 used out of 27
Liquid/ Cream/ Blush/ Highlighter: 2 out of 5
Foundation: 5 out of 5
Powder: 4 out of 4
Concealer: 7 out of 7
Primer: 3 out of 3
Brows: 2 out of 2
Eyeprimer: 3 out of 3
Cream Eyeshadow: 0 out of 8
Loose Eyeshadow: 0 out of 14
Pan Eyeshadow: 23 out of 309
Mascara: 5 out of 9
Gel/ Liquid Eyeliner: 2 out of 8
Pencil Eyeliner: 6 out of 19
Lipliner: 0 out of 1 (why did I buy it when I don’t use lipliner?)
Lipgloss: 4 out of 20
Lipstick: 4 out of 28

*I got a gift from my aunt - hence why the number of pan eye shadows went up*
So in total I have used 78 items out of my collection in total. Remember that I counted every colour individually. I do not have 304 individual shadows, most are in palettes. I just don’t see it as being realistic if I use one colour out of a palette then proclaim that palette as having being used.

Please note I’m not doing this to go ‘ooh look at how much stuff I have aren’t I just super awesome’. The point of the exercise is to say to myself I have too much. Not as much as some but really it’s more than enough and my bank balance needs a break. I need to make sure I am putting what I have to good use and I think it will allow me to get a better sense of what makeup is actually useful to me rather than buying thinks that I like in the packaging but that isn’t actually something I’m going to use.

And just because I feel like I should have a pic of some sort here is an eye look I wore on Saturday. Hope you all had a fab weekend!

Save Operation ‘you bought it so use it’ update on social network:

Followers

Archive