Rimmel 321 FAIL

I’m a huge geek and I do love my gadgets. So of course when I spotted Rimmels 3 in 1 looks adjustable volume mascara I pounced. I’m normally a huge fan of Rimmel mascaras too so between my previous experiences and the gadgetry this was building up to be one hell of a mascara.

The premise is this; you twist the mascara tube to different settings. This alters the amount of product that comes out onto the wand giving you either a subtle look or lashings of mascara. You can see here the wand at stage 1:

And stage 3:

That is a lot of mascara at stage 3... Here are my naked (curled) lashes:


And my lashes with one coat at stage 1:


Hmm. Not bad but not brilliant. Even at this stage I could tell this mascara wouldn’t work for me. The formula leaves my lashes crispy and spiky. It’s not comfortable at all. Normally I don’t have an issue with mascaras not being black enough but this one is positively grey. I dialled it up to level 3:


Ew ew ew... It dragged down the curl and bound my lashes together in a clumpy, spiky, grey mess. I’ve given less than enamoured reports about mascaras before but I’ve never actually hated one like I hate this one. I’m determined to use it up but I’m going to have to do so at level 1. It was reasonably cheap (I think I paid £5.99) but it goes without saying that I won’t be buying another. Sorry Rimmel, I love you but this mascara sucks!

*I bought this with my own money and really wish I hadn’t bothered. My reviews are always my (sometimes brutally) honest opinion. For more info see the disclosure policy on the left*
Save Rimmel 321 FAIL on social network:

Followers

Archive