Urban Decay Iconic Lipstick: Pistol

Recently I popped into Boots and picked up a couple of things with my points (hello free makeup!). Amongst the goodies was this rather lovely looking lippie. I mean just look at it. Stunning no?


The sword at the end is metal but I know it’s only a matter of time before it gets destroyed in my makeup bag. In the mean time though the packaging look luxe, feels nice and weighty and appeals to my irrational love of shiny things. Especially purple shiny things. The sense of decadence is continued when you get the actual lipstick itself. Urban decay along with the sword is embossed directly into the lipstick.

The colour in the tube is a reddish pink infused with a somewhat iridescent glitter. It goes on surprisingly sheer making the shade much more wearable for me than I first thought it would me. The glitter isn’t too prominent when on either though it does feel slightly gritty once the bulk of the colour has worn off. The formula is quite slippery and moisturising which suits my lips down to the ground however it does mean you have to reapply on a very regular basis. Which of course means you build up more and more glitter as the day goes on. For me this means I just won’t be wearing it during the day. I’ll be breaking this out once the days get darker in the evenings.

The lipstick should have been £12 which I think is great value for money for something this well packaged and with such a nice formula (you may like something more long lasting, I just have lips like the Sahara). It’s a totally frivolous and impractical makeup buy but sometimes that’s what makeup should be all about. Looking pretty for the sake of looking pretty. Love it!

*I bought this with my own erm.... Boots points. Which of course I earned by spending my own money. My reviews are always my honest opinion. For more info see the disclosure policy in the menu on the left hand side*
Save Urban Decay Iconic Lipstick: Pistol on social network:

Followers

Archive