Mark Hill Heat Protection Spray


Since having my hair cut short I’ve had to straighten it every time I wash it making a good heat protection spray more important than ever. There’s no point cutting all the frazzled bits off if you’re just going to fry what’s left! I decided to give this one a try. It costs £6.12 for 150ml. The translucent red bottle looks good and the reviews on the Boots website looked positive so I had high hopes. Unfortunately I do not like this one bit. 

The problem is, as it so often is in hair and skincare products for me, alcohol. I want alcohol in my glass please. Not in my hair or on my face. Alcohol is listed first in the ingredients list so it smells like a bottle of cheap vodka and I find it dries my hair out. The upshot of this is that it dries super quickly so you can use it on dry hair before styling it. 

Whilst it doesn’t leave any nasty sticky residue like the TRESemme bottle I’d been using previously it doesn’t do the texture of my hair any favours. It leaves it feeling a little drier and less soft. It’s difficult to tell how it performs as a heat protectant , I haven’t noticed any damage from using my straighteners, but I haven’t noticed any benefits. 

Needless to say I won’t be buying this again. I think I’ll be trying the Aussie heat protectant. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

*Bought by me*
Save Mark Hill Heat Protection Spray on social network:

Followers

Archive