NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

I was so excited to finally get my grubby mitts on these in my recent Cherry culture haul. For those with easy access to NYX these will be old news but for me the prospect of coloured eyeshadow bases for a couple of US$ was very exciting indeed. These are super thick eye pencils, probably too thick to be used as conventional eyeliner but that’s not what I use them for anyway.


Have you ever had an eyeshadow that you have loved the colour of in the pan but on the lid it is just too sheer? Even over a regular primer it just isn’t what the pan promised. An example for me is MAC Gazette Grey which is a gorgeous dirty grey in the pan with yellow and green flecks but a pale light grey wash in my lids. However layer GG over Pots and Pans (the silver) and you get a much more satisfying result. I Like to use milk (the white) under matte pastels to really make them pop and black bean (black) sheered out as a base for any smoky eye.

The pencils are incredibly soft so you don’t end up tugging on your lid when applying. You can also use a brush to apply them rather than drawing directly on the lid for a thinner layer. The texture is a little tacky so great for grabbing shadow but it’s also a bit creamy so I recommend layering these over something like UDPP to prevent creasing if you’re like me and have oily lids.

I’m really impressed with these and I plan on picking up some more colours in the future. They just go to show that you don’t have to pay a fortune to get effective coloured eyeshadow bases. Xxx

*I bought the above products with my own money. I always give my honest opinion of a product. For further info see my disclaimer in the menu on the left*
Save NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils on social network:

Followers

Archive