Sample Sunday – Rituals Awareness Night Cream

The box of samples is starting to look a little less full which can only be a good thing. I had three sachets of this ‘intensive regenerating treatment’ which I smooshed into a sample jar. I got 6 days use out of it and whilst that isn’t long enough to really judge a skin care product it is long enough to see how my fussy skin will react. Generally if a fragrance is going to cause a reaction it will react within 3-4 days. According to the site this is full of all sort of lovely things:

• “The ingredients Squalana & Vitamin E restore and repair your skin’s moisture balance
• Vitamin F & Glycoproteins have anti-aging properties
• Natural Kombuchka makes your skin smoother and reduces blemishes
• Contains anti-oxidants
• This intensive regenerating treatment is specially developed for all skin type
• Dermatologically tested”
“Rituals has developed Awareness night cream: a wonderfully nourishing and restorative cream.
Ingredients include Kombuchka, which is a tea made from fermented yeast enzyme. The ancient Chinese referred to it as the 'Prescription for Immortality'. In other words, an ultra healthy and excellent ingredient, and one that helps create healthy, smooth and glowing skin. Add the nourishing properties and relaxing scent of creamy-soft Rice Milk and sweet dreams while your skin renews itself! “

Recently my skin, which is normally combination with an oily nose and very dry elsewhere, has reached whole new levels of awkward. My nose still looks like a chip pan. Everywhere else stubborn dry flakes have appeared and even more bizarrely I have broken out in what appears to be acne around my mouth. I have NEVER had acne. I suspect a primer I’m trying to use up is to blame so I’m going to go makeup free for a few days and see if it goes. Anyway my current night cream isn’t cutting it so I’ve been trying these samples and I have to say I’m impressed.

There is a very faint fragrance but it isn’t overpowering and my skin is tolerating it well. The texture is very thick. It certainly feels like a rich night cream and is rather luxurious to apply. It managed to be thick without being greasy. It sinks in within 30 minutes and rather strangley leaves my skin feeling like is has a primer on it. Not a greasy silicone primer, it just feels softer and smoother. As I said I need to try skipping the primer that I think is breaking me out so I don’t know if I believe the anti blemish claims just yet. After just a couple of uses my skin did feel less tight and the flakies are disappearing.

So far so good, a moisturiser rich enough for my dry bits without over exacerbating the oily nose. At £25.50 for 50ml from their site it is more than a little pricey but even so I think I’ll be picking it up next winter (I have too many other moisturisers to finish at the moment and it might be a touch heavy for my skin in summer). You can purchase it on the rituals website here xxx

*I received these samples with a purchase from their Heathrow shop*
Save Sample Sunday – Rituals Awareness Night Cream on social network:

Followers

Archive