Lancôme Virtuose Mascara

I have a drugstore only policy for mascara. I’m sure there are plenty of amazing high end mascaras out there, I just don’t have the lashes to show them off on. Therefore I prefer to save my pennies for other high end makeup and leave their mascaras to those with long, luscious, curly lashes. I don’t know what possessed me to buy this then.

£20?! Why? I mean it’s nice enough but for £20 I could get almost 4 other mascaras that are, let’s be honest, equally as nice! Enough ranting and onto the review. The wand is a curved affair aimed at curling your lashes. I don’t think this idea works personally though I do find the formula itself doesn’t drag down any curl I’ve managed to coax my lashes into with a curler.

It’s a fairly black formula too and provide quite a lot of thickness. As a result of the thickening effect I do find it can get a little clumpy. It provides a bit of length too so it’s a fairly good all-rounder. The girl at the counter told me that whilst it isn’t a waterproof mascara the ingredients that are supposed to make it curl your lashes do make it a little bit waterproof. To its credit I haven’t found that it flakes or melts on me at all though I wouldn’t go so far as to say it actually is waterproof. Here is a picture of some naked lashes:


And some with mascara:


I know, I’m being biased. It’s just that for that price I was expecting the most amazing mascara I’d ever used and this is just nice. Nice doesn’t cut it for £20. Of course on your lashes it may well be amazing as mascara is one of those funny products that acts differently on everyone. Let’s face it, my lashes are rubbish...

*I bought the above products with my own money. I always give my honest opinion of a product. For further info see my disclaimer in the menu on the left*
Save Lancôme Virtuose Mascara on social network:

Followers

Archive