The Beauty Brains and I Agree on Parabens

Have I mentioned my new favorite website? There are so many coming online every day that it’s hard to keep up. However there are very few good ones.



My new fave is
The Beauty Brains. I signed up for their free newsletter about a month ago, and have to tell you, I love their approach to evaluating cosmetics and cosmetic claims.



Maybe that’s partly because they tend to agree with me :-) But also their writing is very clever and is founded in basic scientific research. YES!



The Left Brain is admittedly “The most hardcore skeptical scientist of all the Beauty Brains”. The Right Brain is “particularly skilled in interpreting advertising claims” and Sarah Bellum (get it?) focuses on aesthetics and “is more likely to find stories on the pages of People than Pubmed”.



The Beauty Brains recently responded to a question on the risk of parabens used as preservatives in cosmetics and are very much in line with my view expressed in response to a similar question.



At the risk of taking them out of context, my favorite quote from the Beauty Brains’ response is, “No matter how bad parabens are, microbes are much worse”.



Tags: FDA,
Save The Beauty Brains and I Agree on Parabens on social network:

Followers

Archive