Chanel Rouge Coco No5 Mademoiselle


I suppose you could say I’m a bargain hunter at heart. I love high street makeup and buy more of it than I do high end. That doesn’t stop me going all warm and fuzzy when I occasionally do get to own a properly luxurious item though. To me this lipstick is in every way exquisite. 



The packaging is weighty and cold to the touch as it is made of metal. It closes with a quiet but satisfying snap.  The bullet has Chanel carved into is and the lipstick has a beautiful rose scent. It smells exactly like good quality Turkish delight actually. It feels, looks and smells special every time you get it out to use it. 


Does the lipsticks live up to the promise of its packaging? I think so. This is the deep browned pink work by the gorgeous Vanessa Paradis in the advert. I know some people have found it a bit dark but on my highly pigmented lips it looks very subtle and natural. The texture is smooth and while not totally opaque it is fairly pigmented and leaves a glossy finish. I don’t find it very moisturising but it isn’t too unforgiving on my chapped winter lips. Lasting power is distinctly average on me. 

Now these cost £21.50 and I honestly do think you get your moneys worth. I know some people think if you’re going to treat yourself to a luxury lippie you should buy a really unusual colour but I love that this is something I could happily wear every day. I want to get a lot of use out of it if I’m spending that much money! I have my eye on another one already x

*I got this as a Christmas present, thanks Nan-in-law!”
Save Chanel Rouge Coco No5 Mademoiselle on social network:

Followers

Archive