Benefit Coralista and Mememe Comparison


I was lucky enough to get the Benefit Some Beauty To Love gift set for Christmas. It contains a little Bad Gal mascara, That Gal Primer, Eye Bright (which I already have so I’m not sure what to do with this one) and full sized Coralista boxed blush. Cute isn’t it?

I’ve wanted this for so long but at £23.50, even for a whopping 12g of product, it just wasn’t a spend I could justify. I believe this set cost just under £30 making it the bargain of the century! I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled next Christmas to see if they do the same with any of the other shades. Anyway to the actual product. The brush is soft etc but so thin and flimsy that it went straight in the bin. The first thing I noticed was the scent. It smells sweet, a little bit like those love heart sweets. I know a lot of people love it but I find it a little sickly. It doesn’t linger though so it’s not a problem.

I thought it might be interesting to compare it with Benefit wannabe – Mememe boxed blush in Rouge. These cost £8.50 though you get a bit less product at 8g. I have never ever finished a blush though so the Mememe option is definitely a more purse friendly choice (I have done a full review of it if you are interested). It has the same style of packaging although it has a mirror in the lid which the Benefit doesn’t. In the pan they look similar, Rouge perhaps looks slightly darker and pinker. My lighting was giving me all kinds of hell. The actual colour is somewhere between the flash and no flash pictures though I think the swatch pic looks pretty true to colour. Benefit is always on the left, Mememe on the right. 


In the swatches they looks totally different. Coralista is much lighter and more shimmery. It looks less coral to me too. I will say that I feel Coralista blends ever so slightly easier on the cheeks. Clearly there is no dupe here which is in my opinion a good thing. I like the fact that Mememe are giving us a cheaper alternative but if they were blatantly copying exact shades I think it would be more than a little cheeky given how many other Benefit dupes they already have (e.g. their versions of Benetint and the highlighters). 

I would like to get the Mememe Coral blush and Benefit Georgia next but unless I win the lottery I know which one I’ll be picking up first! X

*Mememe Rouge was purchased by me, Coralista was a gift from a family member*
Save Benefit Coralista and Mememe Comparison on social network:

Followers

Archive