Lanolips Lip Ointment v Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss

When I deleted my blog for the millionty ninth time, I didn't realise that my computer had cleverly stored all my photos, so here is a blast from the past old photos, new words, same sentiments.




So Lanolips, at first glance they seem right up my street, sheer in colour, a gleam rather than a gloss in finish, moisturising.


From L-R Apples, Rhubarb, Dark Honey, Rose


My major gripe with the Lanolips is that they do not work on my lips, I love the colours which are very neutral, and can really be applied without a mirror, bar the Apples which without a mirror makes me look like I have been eating a jam doughnut. It is such a shame, I apply, admire, and then get this slightly fizzy feeling which always denotes a reaction to an ingredient of some sort and I end up with bitty lips.

And whilst I am criticising Lanolips what on earth is this?


Surely in the 21 Centuary we have moved forward enough for the slanted tip to be the norm?

Which segues neatly into my beloved Clinique Superbalm



That's more like it. I have been using Clinique Superbalms for years and they never let me down. I have worn these in all weathers and they give a bit of protection and moisturisation with and added gloss, for it is a gloss rather than a sheen or a gleam, and it is sticky, and I do find that as I get older I reach for these less because frankly I am fed up with getting my hair in my lipgloss.



From L-R Pink Grapefruit, Raisin, Raspberry, Grape


I have swatched these on my arm below


On the left are the Clinique Superbalms and on the right are the Lanolips.
From bottom to top :
  • Pink Grapefruit v Rose

  • Raisin v Dark Honey

  • Grape v Rhubarb

  • Raspberry v Apples

Lanolips are currently £8.16 for 12mls from Boots and Clinique Superbalm is currently £13 for 15mls from Boots 
Save Lanolips Lip Ointment v Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss on social network:

Followers

Archive