Pai Rice Plant and Rosemary BioAffinity Toner


I have to thank amodelrecommends for her reviews of Pai products. Ruth's reviews really sparked my interest in this brand.


I have used a tad more than half of this so it is about time I reviewed it. Firstly what beautiful packaging, this is a heavy glass bottle with an excellent fine spray (marred by a slightly loose plastic cover), the outer container has information about the ingredients.


I chose the Rice Plant and Rosemary toner, which is geared towards the combination skin and is designed to calm and rebalance. There is also a Lotus and Orange Blossom BioAffinity Toner to tone and hydrate dry sensitive skin - Grace at LondonMakeupGirl has reviewed it.

Now this is not a cheap product, it is £30 for 50mls which may seem a tad excessive for what is surely just a bit of deionised water with a bit of essential oils added isn't it? Well no, having studied aromatherapy a bit there are plant waters called hydrolats or hydrosols which are the names given to the water gathered when the plant is steam distilled in order to extract the essential oils, these waters retain the qualities of the plant essential oil but in a less concentrated form.

To me toners are an integral part of my skincare, I used to dispense with toners belonging to the generation where a toner literally took your skin off with the amount of alcohol or even acetone (an ingredient in nail varnish remover) in them. But times have changed and toners are much more gentle now and have less agressive ingredients, to me a toner rebalances one's skin ready for the serum/moisturiser and living in a hard water area I want something to neutralise my skin (or to be completely accurate restore the acid mantle ;-)

I spray 3-4 pumps into my hands and spread all over my face pre moisturising. In the 8 weeks or so of use this has been a bit of a slow burner, my skin has not been irritated by this at all and I was not expecting to see a difference in my skin, it is a toner for goodness sakes, but this is fabulous, it is like a very fluid serum, it really is. It is emensely calming and cooling which on my reddened skin is a boon and I could no more miss this step out of my skin care than I could forget to brush my teeth.

I have been using a few Pai skin products since the summer and will review them shortly, for they are a complete joy to use.


I think that I will try the Lotus and Orange Blossom BioAffinity Toner for the winter months. More information from paiskincare
Save Pai Rice Plant and Rosemary BioAffinity Toner on social network:

Followers

Archive