Planning a “Busman’s Holiday”

I’m so excited! My husband’s family is having a mini-reunion in Ohio next week. We’re really looking forward to seeing everyone, especially his mom who will be 90 next month. A few cousins, nieces and nephews will be there – some of whom we haven’t seen in ten years!



My sister-in-law and I are planning a formal sit-down dinner featuring favorite family recipes: Mom’s shredded carrots and raisin sauce for the ham; Grandma M.’s creamy mushrooms with touches added by Aunt Catherine; and my pierogi. My DH’s family is 100% Polish and proud of it; but I’m the only one who knows how to make pierogi. It’s sort of my (family) claim to fame.



However, the fact that we’ll be working in the kitchen leading up to this event is not the reason I call this a busman’s holiday. It’s because I get to go to real “brick and mortar” department stores and browse and read labels.



I have a list of makeup products I want to try before I buy, so I plan to spend a bit of time at the makeup counters. Maybe I’ll even have a makeover – haven’t done that in a while. When we’re home working on Ageless Beauty, I almost always shop online. I’m sooo excited!



Tags:
Save Planning a “Busman’s Holiday” on social network:

Followers

Archive