No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara

This mascara was all over the blogging world a few months ago and it seemed to be a big hit. They claim...

“No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara. This amazing new mascara has a truly magic wand and unique, conditioning formula. The innovative three-in-one brush gives lashes exceptional definition and volume.”

The brush is very unique. You have a longer combed side, a shorter one and then a weird bobbly bit at the end. The two combed sides are useful, I apply mascara with the longer side and then comb through with the shorter side to more definition. The bobbly bit on the end just serves to gather goopy clumps of mascara and needs wiping off before it goes anywhere near your eyes. We could have done without it frankly.

Personally I don’t see a lot of volume added here and it certainly doesn’t add any length but nonetheless it is very good for definition. I like it on its own for day time or layered under a lengthening mascara at night. I have quite dense lashes so this mascara is fantastic for stopping them looking like one big clump of eyelash. Although I will say that since I ran out of my L’Oreal Lash Serum they have returned to a rather disappointing state...

Without mascara:

With:




So it works well, it’s innovative and I dare say I wouldn’t mind buying it again in future. And yet all is not well with this mascara. £12.50?!?!?!? I think not! When you can get great high street mascaras for less than a fiver I think No7 are being more than a little cheeky here. That’s almost Clinique territory. I think it’s another example of No7 trying to be a high end brand just by charging high end prices. Needless to say I’d suggest keeping your eyes peeled for the £5 off vouchers x

*Bought by me, with a £5 off voucher of course!*
Save No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara on social network:

Followers

Archive